#GOLDTOGETHER is an initiative
Working TOGETHER with hospitals, athletic organizations, pediatric cancer foundations, businesses, schools and individuals to maximize their potential in bringing awareness, support to families and research funds to end pediatric cancer.
#GoldTogether has inspired One Million Dollars to be given to pediatric charities since 2014.
“I believe that everyone can do something to help kids ﬁghting cancer. thank you for being their voice” -Cole Eicher
Diagnosed with a brain tumor at 12-years-old, Cole decided to help other kids fighting cancer.
“When I was in the cancer ﬂoor and I would walk by all the rooms ﬁlled with kids, I saw that they were often too small or too sick to speak out and help others. I knew then that I must speak for them and other kids ﬁghting cancer. Even healthy kids like myself can get sick. We need gentler treatments and more cures.” - Cole Eicher
Cole Eicher has experienced more in his young 16 years than most people have in a lifetime. His passion is soccer, having played since he was seven. His most memorable experience was traveling to Munich, Germany with his team to play the Bayern Munich U12 team.
He has modeled since the age of seven, most notably working in the major motion picture, Dolphin Tale 2. He’s also been cast in commercials and various national and international companies such as Walt Disney, Marriott, Publix, Target, JC Penney, US Polo and Next Directory.
At the age of 12, he suffered symptoms of unexplained morning nausea, vomiting and dizziness that lasted for three days, then went away. Six weeks later it came back with a vengeance. He was initially diagnosed with adolescent migraines, But on February 1st, 2014, a MRI determined that Cole had a golf ball sized tumor in his brain.
His type of cancer, called Medulloblastoma (Med-you-low blast-oh-ma) was treated with surgery and nine months of powerful, sometimes painful treatment. But Cole remained strong. He endured thirty rounds of radiation to the brain and spine, four months of high dose chemotherapy combined with an autologous stem-cell rescue and transplant protocol. Since his treatment ended in October 2014, Cole still officially shows “no evidence of disease” . However, he will be monitored closely for the rest of his life.
Cole’s faith and support from others got him through the tough treatment protocol. He wants more people to become aware and support childhood cancer believing that “Everyone can do something to help kids fighting cancer.”
Looking back to what his earlier years have taught him Cole realizes that everything he learned assists him in helping kids today. As a midfielder, his job is to help others on his team make the goal, He proudly plays that role off the soccer ﬁeld too. His experience in front of the camera gives him the confidence he needs to “be the voice for kids fighting cancer.”
Gratitude helps Cole remember what he can do versus what he can’t. He greatly appreciates every effort of support.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
One million dollars raised for pediatric cancer research and support programs
#GoldTogether, American Cancer Society, 2014 - present
- Raised $755,000 dedicated to a pediatric cancer research grant through speaking at signature events such as Cattle Baron’s Balls, Tee Up for Life Golf Tournament, Relay for Life and athletic activism events.
- #GoldTogether Relay for Life pilot teams, April 2017: Created collateral, marketing items and guided execution of program raising an average of $6,000 per team (twelve pilots in the southeast) and team members consisted of an average of six cancer survivors and ten caregivers per team.
Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL, June 2015
- Raised $10,000 through a “Foot Golf” event to fund a “Teen Lounge” on the oncology ﬂoor so that teens will have a space to connect and take their minds off of cancer. Monthly visits replenish teen games, books and gifts.
Celebrity Appearances, 2014 - present
- Contacted, coordinated and appeared with Nathan Gamble and Austin High-smith, Dolphin Tale 2 actors during their visits to Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital. Providing memorable experiences for patients.
Tampa Bay Rowdies, #GoldTogether September Childhood Cancer Awareness Matches
- June 2017 - present: Created pediatric cancer game ambassador program. Families who’s children are battling cancer are given a “Ambassador Package” with stadium tour, behind the scenes information and escorted to meet players after the game. Tours are conducted by Cole and other pediatric cancer ambassadors.
- September 2017: Raised $50,000 for Johns Hopkins All Children's pediatric cancer research fund and $6,000 for the National Pediatric Cancer Foundation during Tampa Bay Rowdies #GoldTogether awareness games.
- September 2016: Raised $101,000 with six North American Soccer teams participating. Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital received $76,000 and American Cancer Society $25,000 for pediatric cancer research.
- September 2015: Raised $65,000 for seven local pediatric cancer organizations with 20 organizations participating. Recognition was given during Tampa Bay Rowdies September games to kids and businesses who donated to the cause.
#GoldTogether a Face for the Cause:
- Pass a Grill Beach Goes Pops and St. Pete Run Fest, 2017 & 2018: Inspiring third party event donations to benefit pediatric cancer research and support programs. Collaborating to provide insight, motivation, a face to the mission and links to fundraising through Johns Hopkins fundraising microsite. Supporting events through media appearances, social media promotion and hosting pediatric cancer families at the event to further the connection to the cause.
- Tampa Bay Sports Commission Community Hero, 2017
- Tampa Bay Lightning Community Hero, 2015
- Tampa Bay Youth Philanthropist of the Year, 2015
- Emmy Award Winning Community Service PSA, 40th Annual Suncoast Regional Emmy Awards, Cole’s Relay For Life, Jenesis Creative, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, Teen Advisory Council Member, 2015- present, elected 2017/18 co-chair
- Cattle Baron’s Ball, Jr Honorary Chair, 2018 & 2017
Pass a Grille Beach Goes Pops, Jr Honorary Chair, 2018 & 2017
Voice for the Kids: 50+ Speaking engagements since 2014 from pre-school to pro athletes, two to two thousand attendees, podcast to live television.
- Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Rowdies, Tampa Yankees, Tampa Bay Storm, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Major League Soccer Red Bulls and Montreal Impact and Chicago Cubs
- American Cancer Society, Dick Vitale Gala V-Foundation, National Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Children’s Cancer Center, Beat NB, Northwestern Mutual, Major League Soccer Works, Brain Tumor Alliance, Children’s Dream Fund, Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital and BayStar Family Retreat